25/11/2021 - More...
Fraudsters are continuing to target taxpayers with scam emails in advance of the 31 January 2022 deadline for submission
Teesside Freeport open for business
25/11/2021 - More...
The first of the English Freeports, Teesside, opened operations on 19 November 2021, and is expected to be followed
What is a tax calculation?
25/11/2021 - More...
A tax calculation is created by HMRC if you have not paid the right amount of tax. HMRC’s annual reconciliation of PAYE
Our recent webinars can be viewed on demand by following the links below. Please note all information was correct at the date of the webinar but due to the constantly changing legislation updates and changes announced by the Government subsequently some information maybe out of date now. We would like to thank our webinar partners who helped us deliver these webinars:
Rotheras solicitors - https://rotheras.co.uk/
Quick Books - https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/
Pete Colby at Pragmatism UK Ltd - https://www.pragmatism-uk.co.uk/
Matt Godby at Godby Credit Management - https://godbycreditmanagement.co.uk/
Reach Business Coaching - https://reachbusinesscoaching.co.uk/
09.07.2020 – Quick Books Mobile App Overview – Connecting a Bank Feed – Creating Bank Rules – Invoicing on the Go – Get Paid Faster
24.06.2020 – Government support update – CJRS – Flexible furlough and SEISS second payment – R&D
Tax Credits – Benefits of Private Medical cover for you and your team
04.06.2020 – Getting your business back on track after Covid-19 & growing for the future
28.05.2020 – Top tips for Credit Management – Top tips for bring employees back from Furlough - Government support update
20.05.2020 – Government support update – Terms & Conditions – Credit Control & Debt Recovery
13.05.2020 – Using the Quick Books Mobile app to increase efficiency
29.04.2020 – Government support update – directors duties & insolvency – Commercial leases
15.04.2020 - Government support available – Job Retention Scheme and impact of COVID-19 on commercial agreements:
Focused on all the things that matter to you and your care business
So why is it necessary to specialise in accountancy terms?
We think this is because the care sector is, itself, highly specialised so without an in-depth knowledge of the sector we would not be able to deliver the breadth and depth of services you need to maintain viable businesses with a long term future. The sector is highly regulated, nationally and locally.
Constant changes in regulatory influence combined with Local Authority and NHS involvement in market management means that care providers need to be sensitive to the slightest changes to their commissioning and contract management strategies. We work closely with care providers to promote industry best practice.
Care Providers -Your business is our business
Our team, will not only deliver traditional accountancy services but offer expert guidance and practical assistance on:
- Improving operational efficiency – this may include identifying ways to generate income from assets and services and cashflow projections
- Funding models – such as capital release, new revenue streams and private finance, as well as procuring new delivery arrangements
- Capital allowances – advising on plant, machinery and fixture allowances and how to claim your entitlements tax efficiently
- Direct and indirect tax compliance – ensuring irrecoverable VAT costs are kept to a minimum and introducing appropriate operational structures to minimise the impact of capital gains and inheritance tax
- Care Quality Commission regulations – planning for the associated costs of compliance and introducing specialist legal professionals that we trust to help manage your legal risks
- Consultancy services with our dedicated industry experts to deal with structural changes, succession planning, CQC report response, fees assessment, implementation of the Care Act 2014 and much more
Wren Accountancy Services Workplace Pensions Team
Wren Accountancy Services Workplace Pensions Team is the solution to your auto-enrolment needs.
Despite a wave of media interest, the process can still seem bewildering to businesses – compliance even more so.
Our experts demystify the issues surrounding workplace pensions and employers’ duty to engage. Better yet, we don’t just help firms, we effectively perform these duties for them.
Even with a 2018 deadline, it is possible you can already hear the clock ticking. That is because there is much to do before you stage. Planning for auto-enrolment now will make life smoother in the future. Forewarned is forearmed.
Wren Accountancy Services Workplace Pensions Team will help you prepare, tackling not only compliance but that other key issue – calculating and then managing the cost to your company.
As part of the process, we can boost your payroll function, giving you the peace of mind that comes with dedicated experts who know the value of an error-free process.
With our online accounting software, you can save time, be better organised and have a better insight into your financial position. The software has been built with the small business in mind. We know that you want to spend your time on what you do, not struggling with complicated software trying to understand how it works.
Our online accounting software gives you everything you need; from invoicing to cashflow management to VAT reports and everything else you need at your fingertips to keep your business running smoothly and you focused on doing what you do best - running your business. If there is a specific feature you are looking for that isn't listed here then please feel free to contact us.
Xero – cloud bookkeeping at its best
- Do you find more and more of your time is taken up with bookkeeping and compliance, like filing annual tax returns, payroll and VAT returns?
- Do you struggle to stay up-to-date with constantly changing rules?
- Do you worry about penalties for late returns or non-compliance?
To make more time for running your business and improving profitability, maximising the efficiency of your bookkeeping and record-keeping systems is crucial.
If you are using a manual or spreadsheet-based system, or not fully using or having difficulties with your current accounting software, a cloud accounting system like Xero is a low-cost, flexible and easy to use alternative. The advantages of cloud accounting
- There’s no software to download. You can log onto your records from anywhere with internet access.
- There’s no up-front software cost – you pay a low, monthly subscription.
- Software updates are taken care of “in the cloud” for you.
- The structure of the records is highly flexible, enabling you to extract the most useful management information on a real time basis.
- Bespoke desktop reports tell you exactly where you are at any point in time.
- Your accountant or bookkeeper can have ”back room” access so that they keep an eye on what you are doing.
- Outsourcing is easy. Because you and your accountant or bookkeeper have direct access to your data – or as much of it as you wish to share – you can do the work you want to yourself and outsource other elements, e.g. your payroll, sales ledger maintenance, purchase ledger maintenance. You could even use different providers for different tasks.
- Much of your compliance work is completed on a “press button” basis, such as your quarterly VAT return and its online submission and payroll compliance.
- The work required at year end to prepare annual tax accounts is reduced. In fact, most of the work can be done within your accounting system and exported direct to the reporting programme.
The advantages of Xero
At Wren Accountancy Services, we thoroughly research accounting software before we recommend it, so we can be certain it is right for you. That is why we are happy to recommend Xero.
- It’s simple, straightforward and secure to use.
- It directly imports information from bank transactions, reducing the amount of time you spend on data entry and reconciliations.
- There are versions and levels of software suitable for most businesses, with add on modules for more advanced requirements. You pay only for what you need and use.
- When you know how you are performing financially, you can use that information to make the decisions that will help your business to develop and grow.
With Xero cloud accounting and Wren Accountancy Services “back room” support, you can be sure you will have the most up-to-date and reliable information possible